Wednesday 20 March 2013

Tixall Wide

Onto the Staffs and Worcestershire canal yesterday just after passing the impressive Shugborough Hall.  Spent last night on Tixall Wide, which is renowned for it's kingfishers but all I saw were Canada Geese and the occasional coot.  Had my first accident.  I had passed hardly any boats and sure enough one was coming the other way at a bridge with a blind bend.  I had already slowed, not sure about the other boat and I was partially in the tunnel.  Either he decided he could make it or that he could not stop.  There was just room for both of us - but not for his chimney and the top of his boat against the bridge roof.  I had no damage (maybe a bit of paint/blacking removed).  I do hope he did not suffer too much.




I also planted out my primulas in one of the £5 strawberry planters I got from Homebase.  Not sure what I am going to plant in the other one - not strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment