Friday 7 June 2013

Quick Resume Part 2

 10 May to 21 May

The dentist agrees I can have items delivered to them. Thanks to Pam for the loan of her phone and after an hour on the phone to India, they agree to send a new dongle.  I manage to get enough of a signal on the old dongle to order a new iPhone on Ebay.
They arrive at the weekend.  The new dongle refuses to be recognised by the laptop - "No SIM card inserted".  I also stupidly failed to realise I would need a new card for the new phone.  There is a Three store in Shrewsbury and they confirm they can supply a new SIM card for both the phone and the dongle.  Bus to Shrewsbury and new cards supplied - thank you.
Back to boat and the laptop still refuses to recognise the dongle SIM.  I insert the new card in the phone and discover I need an internet connection to activate the phone.  But the dongle does not work!  Aaaaarghhh!!!
To calm down I take a dawn cruise to Blake Mere where I stopped for lunch at the beginning of May.



 I decide to spend the night there.  It is such a lovely spot:




 Next day, back to Ellesmere and one of the computer shops lets me use their wifi to activate the phone - I am in touch with the world again!
More hours on the phone to India (3 hours on the final occasion) and we end up with "You will have to get to a 3 shop".  No problem Crewe is but a short bus ride away.  When is it open - it isn't - closed for refurbishment.  The next nearest would mean leaving James alone for too long.  At least I have a new phone and the enforced stay has led to me adopting James.

Final evening in Ellesmere 9.15pm

.

No comments:

Post a Comment