Wednesday 26 March 2014

Hawkesbury Junction

Tuesday was very wet, as promised, but at least it let me get everything stowed away..The forecast for Wednesday was cold with the weather deteriorating later so I made an early start and was away by 8am.  Very cold and I was glad of my thermal underwear which I forgot to bring last March.
Spring is very early this year and I saw my first ducklings - unbelievably in 2007 on the Isle of Wight ducklings were spotted on New Year's Eve link
Also some very new lambs

Stopped about 1pm just before Hawkesbury Junction onto the Coventry Canal and where the Oxford canal ends.
Just to remind anyone interested , I have added a gadget top right whereby you can receive an email when the blog is updated.

11 miles; 0 locks
TOTAL:  18 miles; 3 locks


No comments:

Post a Comment