Friday 6 June 2014

A lazy few days

Not a lot happened since the last post. On Monday I moved a bit to get a better phone and internet signal and found a truly delightful spot.
So delightful that I stayed 3 nights and did not hear a car all of the time I was there!  I may have stayed longer but I was running out of supplies so on Thursday I travelled to Fenny Compton and caught the bus to Banbury and a visit to Morrisons.  Bit busy at the wharf (with boats) so I moved to the top of the next set of 5 locks at Claydon for the night.  Friday morning I could not make up my mind whether to move or not - Andy Murray was playing Nadal in the French semi-final and I had a good TV signal.  However the sun was shining and I could not resist the urge to untie the ropes.  Hot day and there were plenty of boats moving, making descent of the flight very pleasant, with help at the locks and plenty chatting.  I stopped at the bottom of the flight - unfortunately just in time to see Andy getting trounced - he has never beaten Nadal on clay.  In fact only one person has ever beaten Nadal at the French Open and he has won the title 8 times in the last 9 years.

Monday
2 miles; 0 locks
Thursday
 7 miles; 0 locks

Friday
 7 miles; 5 locks
TOTAL:  323 miles; 187 locks (58 broad; 5 large

No comments:

Post a Comment