Wednesday 13 March 2013

The start of my adventures

Time to get going



After fitting my solar panels on the Monday, Matty from Old Friends Canal Services cycled down from Shardley to hold my hand on the Trent.  A beautiful day despite a few snow flurries.  Matty was a bit bored on the journey - the Trent was only on amber.  But he took lots of pictures and video which I am looking forward to seeing.  He was going to put them on the usb stick I left with him - except I gave him a wifi dongle instead of the stick.  I still have not found the dongle and some other things I thought I had brought - how can things get lost in such a small space?





About 5 hours to get to Shardley and Matty's boat and, more importantly, the pub.  I could only manage a couple of pints - I was exhausted - had not slept much the previous night (too excited) and Matty sat back while I did all the work at the 6 locks.  Only joking - many thanks for your help and friendship, Matty.











No comments:

Post a Comment