Saturday 3 May 2014

Approaching Evesham

I only move a little bit up the river in the next two days.  This was my mooring on Thursday night at the aptly named Swan's Neck where the river turns through 180 degrees.  Plank was required and James proved to be a wimp - I had to carry him on and off.
Only room for one.

Bredon Hill which has been in view since Tewkesbury and will continue to be for a while yet.





















 Friday I move to a spot more convenient for James - and me!




























Saturday is another beautiful day and I make the most of it.







Pershore New Bridge, built in 1928 now carries the road traffic, leaving the 14th century, 6 arched Pershore Great Bridge to pedestrians only.








Plenty of fine house on the banks - nice mooring attached to this one but can I afford it?  No way!



























Wyre Piddle Lock is diamond shaped - I have no idea why it was built like that.

Fladbury Mill overlooks the weir.  It was in use until 1930.

























Looking back to the lock and the mill

























I thought I was going to have to go on to Evesham for an overnight stop - moorings on the river are limited - but as I exited Chadbury Lock I spied the blue posts signifying mooring allowed.  Just room for one boat and a bit of tricky reversing with the flow of the river and proximity to the weir booms.



14 miles; 5 broad locks 
TOTAL:  235 miles; 82 locks (6 broad; 5 large)

No comments:

Post a Comment