Monday 12 August 2013

Before Apperley Bridge

Saltaire was very interesting, but busy, so I move on a couple of miles and find a nice spot to moor for a few days, prior to moving to Rodley to pick up the car for my visit home.




There are good walks and a field for James to play with his ball. On one walk I find three men loitering by the railway bridge.  The reason why soon becomes apparent - a steam train towing Pullman carriages appears from the tunnel at speed - they did not get much chance to get their photos!  No idea what it was and I did not think to ask them.






I have never seen so many wild orchids - bank after bank.

2 miles; 0 locks; 1 moveable bridges
TOTAL:  513 miles (214 miles broad, 40 miles river); 255 locks (122 broad); 56 moveable bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment