Thursday 11 July 2013

Back to Parbold and Scotsman's Flash

2-7 July

My dongle is still not working so another trip to Southport, on the train this time, to the 3 shop.  After some time someone spots I have inserted the sim card the wrong way round!  One would imagine you would insert it with the cut-off corner first, leaving the 3 logo showing.  NO!  The 3 logo is hidden and the cut-off corner showing.  Why this was not suggested during my hours on the phone to India or spotted on my previous visit to a 3 shop will remain a mystery.

Old windmill, now an art gallery





I make an appointment at the very nice vets in Parbold for James to have his second inoculation and spend another pleasant couple of days there.











I decide to moor at Scotsman's Flash, where I was two weeks ago, prior to my ascent of the 21 lock Wigan flight.  I had hoped to stop at the CaRT moorings in Wigan to stock up at Asda but the moorings are full so on to the Flash.  I had a bit of a nightmare getting moored - Jim and I must have been lucky to find the only two spots without obstructions.  The wind is blowing off the towpath but I manage to get moored - aground a few times, slewing across canal and boat pole required.  All good (or is it bad) experience!

Looking across the flash with some yacht racing going on.  With the weather and on a Sunday, the towpath was very busy, which did not suit James too well.  I found a Tesco Express about 15 minutes walk away, so managed to get the basic requirements - whisky and tobacco - and some extras like bread and milk.










14 miles; 8 locks; 3 moveable bridges
TOTAL:  423 miles (124 miles broad, 40 miles river); 175 locks (31 broad); 34 moveable bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment