Saturday 26 April 2014

Into Worcestershire

Another county - I should have kept a note of how many counties I have visited.  Maybe one of these days I will count them up.


Wolverley Church
Kidderminster Parish Church
Former woollen mill, now a Debenhams store.
I have a dilemma as I do not particularly want to moor in Kidderminster. Nor do I want to get to Stourport and onto the Severn. With the recent rain I am concerned there might be quite a fast flow on the river, which would mean mooring in the basin (not attractive).  Fortunately I find a nice spot between the two at Pratt's Wharf, site of a former lock joining the canal to the river Stour.

A swollen River Stour which a local man said rises and falls very rapidly
 I will moor here for a couple of nights, as more rain is forecast for tomorrow.  Just hoping it is not too much to affect the Severn.

4 miles; 5 locks
TOTAL:  180 miles; 66 locks

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


25 April

Rain forecast but I move on a bit in the hope of getting a decent phone and internet signal.
The bluebells are coming out (taken with iphone so not a brilliant photo)
The rain comes early and James and I get a thorough soaking before tying up about midday just before Kidderminster.

4 miles; 2 locks
TOTAL:  176 miles; 61 locks

No comments:

Post a Comment