Wednesday 9 April 2014

Nearing Wolverhampton

The forecast is good and I awaken early for the chance of my first dawn cruise this year.  I am rewarded with a flight of geese honking overhead and another lovely sunrise.










It really is a beautiful morning, especially for early April.  I can't resist a bit of trial with the camera








Very pleasant stretch of canal, despite the sometimes very close proximity of the M6.  This is Longford lock, just before Penkridge and one of 10 I negotiate today, helping me get back to fitness after my sedentary winter.















There are some very nice houses in Penkridge - what about this tree house, complete with spiral staircase!  Wouldn't you have loved to have this as a kid.























The base for Viking Afloat hire boats and a disgraceful piece of mooring - I challenge anyone to get through that gap without touching - I didn't!















My mooring for the night, just after Calf Heath - very quiet and remote, just what I like.

10 miles; 10 locks
TOTAL:  121 miles; 34 locks

No comments:

Post a Comment