Saturday 14 September 2013

Cromwell Lock


To be honest this part of the Trent is pretty boring - high flood embankments mean there is not much to see, apart from the ever present cooling towers of the power stations.




The water skiers provide a distraction - especially as I did not notice the first one coming behind me and did not have time to turn into the wash.  I think they take a delight in passing as close as possible to narrowboats.











Approaching Cromwell Lock.  The weir is the largest on the Trent.  I have kept my revs to 2000 and have had no overheating problems.








The lock is pretty enormous as well



It is also the end of the tidal section.

Passage not advisable
I had not intended to stop here but an inspection of the shower facilities decided me with the prospect of a roomy shower in the morning with unlimited water supply.


13 miles; 1 lock
TOTAL:  687 miles (259 miles broad, 84 miles river, 44 miles tidal); 386 locks (178 broad); 78 moveable bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment