Monday 16 September 2013

On to Newark

Still very breezy but I want to make progress.  I am tormented by the memories of the Autumn last year when there was huge flooding on the Trent and the Soar, which I saw when driving back and forth to Nottingham to buy the boat.  Big rains must come sometime!
Approaching Newark




I moor up to replenish supplies at the Waitrose adjacent to the River.  There are mnay fine buildings in Newark but I had forgotten the camera!
The ruins of the castle


Trent Bridge



















I am not keen on spending the night in Newark so travel on.  There are not many moorings and I succumb to paying the extortionate £10 for a night at Farndon Marina's pontoon - with no facilities included!



 7 miles; 2 locks
TOTAL:  696 miles (259 miles broad, 93 miles river, 44 miles tidal); 388 locks (180 broad); 78 moveable bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment