Sunday 29 September 2013

Fazeley Junction

Just as I am thinking of setting off in the morning, I hear a boat passing and they toot their horn.  I stick my jead out and who should it be but my Kiwi friends, Michele and Andrew on NB Ashdown. I had been hoping our paths might cross again, but did not expect them to have got this far south so soon. They are heading for the South East and hopeful employment.  So, kettle on and swapping tales.  I last met them just before Skipton, on the Leeds & Liverpool, when they were going in the opposite direction.  Seems a long time ago.
 



Temporary farewell - hopefully we will meet up again later, although I am planning on doing some shopping in Tamworth so may not catch them up.














One has to deal with all sorts of obstructions.







I get a text from Andrew, saying they have stopped at Fazeley Junction, where the choice is heading to Birmingham or Coventry.  I moor up in front of them after stocking up at Sainsbury's and lots of new things for James at Pets At Home, including a new lead - the third, as he has managed to chew through yet another.  His teeth must be razor sharp as he must have gone through this one in less than a minute when I was having a pint with Matty - he does not like being tied up (James that is - I have no idea what Matty's tastes in such matters are!).   Andrew manages to relieve me of some of my Scotch in the evening.  Lovely to see them again.

7 miles; 0 locks
TOTAL:  782 miles (289 miles broad, 127 miles river, 44 miles tidal); 418 locks (199 broad); 78 moveable bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment